Kenny House - The Demand is Real
- There is a real, unmet demand for safe affordable housing for those trying to leave an abusive relationship.
- Each year an average of 30 women (and their children) approach Liberty Lane but 50% can’t be accommodated because Liberty Lane’s facility is full.
- Individuals have also been declined admittance because Liberty Lane couldn’t accommodate their family size. Kenny House will have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and Liberty Lane will have 3 new offsite units.
- The overwhelming majority of Liberty Lane’s clients do not have the financial resources or support network necessary escape domestic abuse.
- Liberty Lane accepts clients from across New Brunswick.
- The $900,000.00 Capital Campaign target will ensure Liberty Lane does not have a mortgage and can focus on delivering services to clients and their children hoping to leave abusive and violent situations.